Sep 1, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
Gerrard sent in a corner from the right corner flag, and Daniel Agger got his head to it to direct it towards goal. Sturridge was lurking on the goal line and he redirected the header into the net.
Its the third goal of the young season for Sturridge, who has sparkled in the absence of Luis Suarez, relegating Suarez into obscurity for the time being.
Manchester United are still struggling to settle into the match, and now they will have to work from behind to find an equalizer.
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 1
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 3
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire