Sep 1, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Gerrard sent in a corner from the right corner flag, and Daniel Agger got his head to it to direct it towards goal. Sturridge was lurking on the goal line and he redirected the header into the net.
Its the third goal of the young season for Sturridge, who has sparkled in the absence of Luis Suarez, relegating Suarez into obscurity for the time being.
Manchester United are still struggling to settle into the match, and now they will have to work from behind to find an equalizer.
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 2
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0