Sep 1, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
Gerrard sent in a corner from the right corner flag, and Daniel Agger got his head to it to direct it towards goal. Sturridge was lurking on the goal line and he redirected the header into the net.
Its the third goal of the young season for Sturridge, who has sparkled in the absence of Luis Suarez, relegating Suarez into obscurity for the time being.
Manchester United are still struggling to settle into the match, and now they will have to work from behind to find an equalizer.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1