Sep 1, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Gerrard sent in a corner from the right corner flag, and Daniel Agger got his head to it to direct it towards goal. Sturridge was lurking on the goal line and he redirected the header into the net.
Its the third goal of the young season for Sturridge, who has sparkled in the absence of Luis Suarez, relegating Suarez into obscurity for the time being.
Manchester United are still struggling to settle into the match, and now they will have to work from behind to find an equalizer.
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 0
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 1
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even 1
- Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace: Toffees’ top four hopes take huge hit 4
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 9
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0