Sep 1, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
Crystal Palace’s return to the Premier League had been defined by on-field disappointment and transfer market frustration since the season started three weeks ago. But the precarious life of promoted teams means, if you mix in one good week for every three, you just might stay up.
Palace just had their good week, with the Eagles recording their first Premier League win since 2005. Their victim was Sunderland, who remained winless in three after their 3-1 loss at Selhurst Park.
Here’s what it was like from the stands in South London.
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 0
- Personal terms all that separates Griezmann from $40 million move to Atlético Madrid 0
- Manuel Pellegrini talks title ambitions, Manchester City vs. AC Milan, US tour 1