Sep 1, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
Crystal Palace’s return to the Premier League had been defined by on-field disappointment and transfer market frustration since the season started three weeks ago. But the precarious life of promoted teams means, if you mix in one good week for every three, you just might stay up.
Palace just had their good week, with the Eagles recording their first Premier League win since 2005. Their victim was Sunderland, who remained winless in three after their 3-1 loss at Selhurst Park.
Here’s what it was like from the stands in South London.
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 2-1 Toronto FC 2
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Germany back on track; Portugal beat Serbia, go top 0
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 2