Sep 1, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
Crystal Palace’s return to the Premier League had been defined by on-field disappointment and transfer market frustration since the season started three weeks ago. But the precarious life of promoted teams means, if you mix in one good week for every three, you just might stay up.
Palace just had their good week, with the Eagles recording their first Premier League win since 2005. Their victim was Sunderland, who remained winless in three after their 3-1 loss at Selhurst Park.
Here’s what it was like from the stands in South London.
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 0
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 1
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1
- Barcelona’s transfer ban suspended by FIFA, should allow club to make summer moves 0
- Champions League preview: Defending champion Bayern Munich looks to end Real Madrid quest for 10th title 0
- Alex Ferguson backed David Moyes’ firing, will help select a successor 0