Sep 1, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
Crystal Palace’s return to the Premier League had been defined by on-field disappointment and transfer market frustration since the season started three weeks ago. But the precarious life of promoted teams means, if you mix in one good week for every three, you just might stay up.
Palace just had their good week, with the Eagles recording their first Premier League win since 2005. Their victim was Sunderland, who remained winless in three after their 3-1 loss at Selhurst Park.
Here’s what it was like from the stands in South London.
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 0
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 0
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 3
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 11
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 28