Sep 1, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
The rivalry match is here, as Anfield will play host to one of the bigger fixtures of the season no question.
This will be a massive blow to a United squad that had only recently gotten Rooney back from the same problem a few weeks ago, and had seen his form take huge strides forward after speculation of his exit.
The English attacker played exceptionally well the last few weeks, and will be sorely missed. However, it will be an opportunity for Danny Welbeck to continue his impressive form, as Welbeck gets the start against the Reds. It would also be fair to assume Shinji Kagawa may get a chance to impress now with Rooney sidelined for the time being.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 6