Sep 1, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
The rivalry match is here, as Anfield will play host to one of the bigger fixtures of the season no question.
This will be a massive blow to a United squad that had only recently gotten Rooney back from the same problem a few weeks ago, and had seen his form take huge strides forward after speculation of his exit.
The English attacker played exceptionally well the last few weeks, and will be sorely missed. However, it will be an opportunity for Danny Welbeck to continue his impressive form, as Welbeck gets the start against the Reds. It would also be fair to assume Shinji Kagawa may get a chance to impress now with Rooney sidelined for the time being.
- NWSL Digest: Reign, Flash flying as we move past Week 1 0
- Henry, Sam goals see New York break into the win column 0
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 2
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 1
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even (video) 3
- Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace: Toffees’ top four hopes take huge hit 6