Sep 1, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
The rivalry match is here, as Anfield will play host to one of the bigger fixtures of the season no question.
This will be a massive blow to a United squad that had only recently gotten Rooney back from the same problem a few weeks ago, and had seen his form take huge strides forward after speculation of his exit.
The English attacker played exceptionally well the last few weeks, and will be sorely missed. However, it will be an opportunity for Danny Welbeck to continue his impressive form, as Welbeck gets the start against the Reds. It would also be fair to assume Shinji Kagawa may get a chance to impress now with Rooney sidelined for the time being.
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0
- Hull City 0-0 Manchester United: Tigers go down after squandering chances 0
- Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham United: Sissoko, Jonas leave nothing to chance 0
- VIDEO: Theo Walcott’s first-half hat trick will live in Boaz Myhill’s dreams 0
- Watch Live: Hull City vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0