Sep 1, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
It’s been a very attacking-minded match, and just as the Spurs midfield were gaining a hold on possession, one of the best counter-attacking teams in Europe did it again.
In the 23rd minute Theo Walcott found himself some space on the right, and his low cross was precise and found Olivier Giroud‘s foot for the tap-in. Giroud came cutting across the box and had beaten Michael Dawson to the ball.
It’s the third goal of the season for Giroud, who had already earned himself a call-up to the French squad with his good form this season.
Giroud’s score is the opener, but there would seem to be more goals in this one as the teams have gone very much back and forth so far.
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6