Sep 1, 2013, 11:29 AM EST
It’s been a very attacking-minded match, and just as the Spurs midfield were gaining a hold on possession, one of the best counter-attacking teams in Europe did it again.
In the 23rd minute Theo Walcott found himself some space on the right, and his low cross was precise and found Olivier Giroud‘s foot for the tap-in. Giroud came cutting across the box and had beaten Michael Dawson to the ball.
It’s the third goal of the season for Giroud, who had already earned himself a call-up to the French squad with his good form this season.
Giroud’s score is the opener, but there would seem to be more goals in this one as the teams have gone very much back and forth so far.
- NBC Sports to air first-ever “Premier League Breakaway” show on New Year’s Day 0
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 2
- Geoff Cameron: Eden Hazard is “best I’ve played against” in Premier League 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6