Sep 1, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
It’s been a very attacking-minded match, and just as the Spurs midfield were gaining a hold on possession, one of the best counter-attacking teams in Europe did it again.
In the 23rd minute Theo Walcott found himself some space on the right, and his low cross was precise and found Olivier Giroud‘s foot for the tap-in. Giroud came cutting across the box and had beaten Michael Dawson to the ball.
It’s the third goal of the season for Giroud, who had already earned himself a call-up to the French squad with his good form this season.
Giroud’s score is the opener, but there would seem to be more goals in this one as the teams have gone very much back and forth so far.
- Reports: Perez to announce firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0