Sep 1, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
It’s been a very attacking-minded match, and just as the Spurs midfield were gaining a hold on possession, one of the best counter-attacking teams in Europe did it again.
In the 23rd minute Theo Walcott found himself some space on the right, and his low cross was precise and found Olivier Giroud‘s foot for the tap-in. Giroud came cutting across the box and had beaten Michael Dawson to the ball.
It’s the third goal of the season for Giroud, who had already earned himself a call-up to the French squad with his good form this season.
Giroud’s score is the opener, but there would seem to be more goals in this one as the teams have gone very much back and forth so far.
- What will Jurgen Klinsmann’s USMNT roster look like for 2015 Gold Cup? 0
- April Fools! The top gags that actually fooled soccer fans on this day 4
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Player of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Coach of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Team of the Season 3
- Who were biggest winners, losers from USMNT’s March friendlies? 3