Sep 1, 2013, 3:10 PM EST
Sky Italia’s Tancredi Palmeri is reporting that unsettled Kaka will be heading to AC Milan on a free transfer from Real Madrid.
Palmeri tweeted that Kaka has signed a 2-year deal with Milan on about €95,000-per-week wages ($125,000).
It’s a fantastic deal for Milan, considering they sold him to Madrid for €65 million ($86 million) not too long ago in 2009. The 31-year-old Brazilian spent six seasons in Milan, playing at least 30 league matches in every season there. Since his transfer to Spain, he has made 85 appearances total – no more than 27 in a season.
Not only has he found it much harder in Spain to find the pitch, it’s been hard for him to stay there. Kaka only made the full 90 minutes 15 times with Real Madrid, whereas with Milan he made the full 90 minutes 137 matches of 193 appearances.
Real Madrid gives Kakà to Milan for free, 2 years deal, 5m € yearly wages—
Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) September 01, 2013
The question becomes now, at 31 years old, can he be as effective behind the striker as he used to be at the San Siro?
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0