Sep 1, 2013, 3:10 PM EST
Sky Italia’s Tancredi Palmeri is reporting that unsettled Kaka will be heading to AC Milan on a free transfer from Real Madrid.
Palmeri tweeted that Kaka has signed a 2-year deal with Milan on about €95,000-per-week wages ($125,000).
It’s a fantastic deal for Milan, considering they sold him to Madrid for €65 million ($86 million) not too long ago in 2009. The 31-year-old Brazilian spent six seasons in Milan, playing at least 30 league matches in every season there. Since his transfer to Spain, he has made 85 appearances total – no more than 27 in a season.
Not only has he found it much harder in Spain to find the pitch, it’s been hard for him to stay there. Kaka only made the full 90 minutes 15 times with Real Madrid, whereas with Milan he made the full 90 minutes 137 matches of 193 appearances.
Real Madrid gives Kakà to Milan for free, 2 years deal, 5m € yearly wages—
Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) September 01, 2013
The question becomes now, at 31 years old, can he be as effective behind the striker as he used to be at the San Siro?
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- Promotion Watch: Leaders Derby, Middlesbrough fighting Watford, Bournemouth for PL places 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0