Sep 1, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
From the way Alan Pardew starts, you wouldn’t know he’s talking about the man whose secured Newcastle’s first win of the season. When you’re basking in the glow of victory, you don’t usually take the time to detail the ways a player’s difficult to manage. Pardew, however, felt Saturday’s post-match interview was the right time to talk about his issues with Hatem Ben Arfa, though he does so in a relatively light-hearted matter. Still, it’s a strange way or recognizing a players contributions.
That’s part of this week’s compilation of manager reaction, post-match thoughts which include Sam Allardyce‘s reflections from Upton Park, Ian Holloway’s thoughts on Crystal Palace’s first win, and Brendan Rodgers‘ response to his team’s North West Derby victory.(among others).
Not everybody’s as critical as Pardew, but then again, not everybody manages Hatem Ben Arfa.
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 0
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 5
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2
- Amid reports of journalist brawl, Mexico boss Miguel Herrera looks ahead to USMNT showdown 8
- Manchester United lack creativity to challenge top clubs, says Louis van Gaal 6
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Arsenal 9