Sep 1, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
From the way Alan Pardew starts, you wouldn’t know he’s talking about the man whose secured Newcastle’s first win of the season. When you’re basking in the glow of victory, you don’t usually take the time to detail the ways a player’s difficult to manage. Pardew, however, felt Saturday’s post-match interview was the right time to talk about his issues with Hatem Ben Arfa, though he does so in a relatively light-hearted matter. Still, it’s a strange way or recognizing a players contributions.
That’s part of this week’s compilation of manager reaction, post-match thoughts which include Sam Allardyce‘s reflections from Upton Park, Ian Holloway’s thoughts on Crystal Palace’s first win, and Brendan Rodgers‘ response to his team’s North West Derby victory.(among others).
Not everybody’s as critical as Pardew, but then again, not everybody manages Hatem Ben Arfa.
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 2
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 9
- Premier League Playback: With 10 games to go, here’s how things stand 3
- Men In Blazers podcast: Ginormous preview of 2015 MLS season with Alexi Lalas 0