Sep 1, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
There have been better weeks for standout goals, but what the third weekend of the Premier League season lacked in quality, it made up for in significance. While not every goal that made this week’s top five is a game-winner, all played a significant part in sealing weekend results for their scorers’ teams.
This week’s variety also stands out. Whereas some weeks you’ll have three or four long-distance direct kicks, there’s only one this week. One right-footed from open play. One left-footed. One set piece header. Another open play header.
From Carrow Road to Anfield, Eastlands to Selhurst Park, where are the top goals from the third weekend of the Premier League.
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0