Sep 1, 2013, 11:09 PM EST
There have been better weeks for standout goals, but what the third weekend of the Premier League season lacked in quality, it made up for in significance. While not every goal that made this week’s top five is a game-winner, all played a significant part in sealing weekend results for their scorers’ teams.
This week’s variety also stands out. Whereas some weeks you’ll have three or four long-distance direct kicks, there’s only one this week. One right-footed from open play. One left-footed. One set piece header. Another open play header.
From Carrow Road to Anfield, Eastlands to Selhurst Park, where are the top goals from the third weekend of the Premier League.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0