Sep 1, 2013, 11:09 PM EST
There have been better weeks for standout goals, but what the third weekend of the Premier League season lacked in quality, it made up for in significance. While not every goal that made this week’s top five is a game-winner, all played a significant part in sealing weekend results for their scorers’ teams.
This week’s variety also stands out. Whereas some weeks you’ll have three or four long-distance direct kicks, there’s only one this week. One right-footed from open play. One left-footed. One set piece header. Another open play header.
From Carrow Road to Anfield, Eastlands to Selhurst Park, where are the top goals from the third weekend of the Premier League.
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 5
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0