Sep 1, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
There have been better weeks for standout goals, but what the third weekend of the Premier League season lacked in quality, it made up for in significance. While not every goal that made this week’s top five is a game-winner, all played a significant part in sealing weekend results for their scorers’ teams.
This week’s variety also stands out. Whereas some weeks you’ll have three or four long-distance direct kicks, there’s only one this week. One right-footed from open play. One left-footed. One set piece header. Another open play header.
From Carrow Road to Anfield, Eastlands to Selhurst Park, where are the top goals from the third weekend of the Premier League.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1