Sep 1, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
There have been better weeks for standout goals, but what the third weekend of the Premier League season lacked in quality, it made up for in significance. While not every goal that made this week’s top five is a game-winner, all played a significant part in sealing weekend results for their scorers’ teams.
This week’s variety also stands out. Whereas some weeks you’ll have three or four long-distance direct kicks, there’s only one this week. One right-footed from open play. One left-footed. One set piece header. Another open play header.
From Carrow Road to Anfield, Eastlands to Selhurst Park, where are the top goals from the third weekend of the Premier League.
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 0
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6
- Leicester, QPR, Burnley players earn England call-ups for June matches 2
- US Open Cup second round wrap: Several USL sides clipped by “minnows” 1
- Mats Hummels rejects Manchester United move, will stay at Dortmund 5