Sep 1, 2013, 8:33 AM EDT
It’s a story of two strikers for each side as West Brom host a strong Swansea City side.
Nicolas Anelka has returned after speculation he would retire altogether, and he is rewarded by manager Steve Clarke with the start, partly due to an injury to Matej Vydra suffered midweek in the Capital One Cup.
Clarke will also be starting life without ‘keeper Ben Foster after the shot-stopper suffered a stress fracture that could keep him out up to 12 weeks. Boaz Myhill takes his place, although even he is playing through a knock to his wrist.
On the other end, Wilfried Bony is now starting up front after playing the majority of this season so far from the bench. Bony, a new addition to the Swans this window from the Dutch Eredivisie, will look to get the first points of the season for Swansea which has been a bit disappointing through two matches.
- WATCH LIVE: FC Dallas and Real Salt Lake kick off MLS weekend 0
- MLS Weekend Preview: Trio of marque marquee matches begins Friday in Frisco 0
- Early Mandzukic goal sees Atlético defeat Real Madrid, claim Spanish Super Cup 1
- Robben dominance, Malanda miss give Bayern opening match win over Wolfsburg 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: United to get it right, Arsenal to stumble 2
- Profile: The life and times of Mario Balotelli 0