Sep 4, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Well, when I first saw this commercial on TV I didn’t want it to end.
There have been some sensational soccer commercials over the years, I’m thinking Diego Maradona juggling with a used Coca-Cola can, the Brazilian team kicking a ball around an airport back in the 90’s and plenty more that have become classics.
But this newest ad from Barcelona and Qatar Airways could top them all.
Titled “Qatar Airways and FCB: A team that unites the world” Qatar Airways have embraced their role as Barcelona’s shirt sponsor and helped put together this sensational video. Gerard Pique at passport control, Lionel Messi teaching a choreographed dance lesson with a soccer ball and Carlos Puyol saving people by heading plant pots away… do I need to say much more?
Watch and enjoy a minute and a half that you’ll be hoping gets made into a feature film.
“Ladies and gentleman we will shortly be arriving in the land of FC Barcelona.”
- Transfer needs – Manchester United, Newcastle, QPR, Southampton, Stoke 0
- Preview: Possible “Groups of Death” galore in UEFA Champions League draw 2
- Wayne Rooney named new England captain as youthful squad selected 2
- Report: Diego Costa could be out four to six weeks with hamstring injury 1
- Transfer needs – Everton, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City 1
- Olivier Giroud undergoes ankle surgery, out 3-4 months for Arsenal 0