Sep 4, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Well, when I first saw this commercial on TV I didn’t want it to end.
There have been some sensational soccer commercials over the years, I’m thinking Diego Maradona juggling with a used Coca-Cola can, the Brazilian team kicking a ball around an airport back in the 90’s and plenty more that have become classics.
But this newest ad from Barcelona and Qatar Airways could top them all.
Titled “Qatar Airways and FCB: A team that unites the world” Qatar Airways have embraced their role as Barcelona’s shirt sponsor and helped put together this sensational video. Gerard Pique at passport control, Lionel Messi teaching a choreographed dance lesson with a soccer ball and Carlos Puyol saving people by heading plant pots away… do I need to say much more?
Watch and enjoy a minute and a half that you’ll be hoping gets made into a feature film.
“Ladies and gentleman we will shortly be arriving in the land of FC Barcelona.”
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 0
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3