Sep 4, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Well, when I first saw this commercial on TV I didn’t want it to end.
There have been some sensational soccer commercials over the years, I’m thinking Diego Maradona juggling with a used Coca-Cola can, the Brazilian team kicking a ball around an airport back in the 90′s and plenty more that have become classics.
But this newest ad from Barcelona and Qatar Airways could top them all.
Titled “Qatar Airways and FCB: A team that unites the world” Qatar Airways have embraced their role as Barcelona’s shirt sponsor and helped put together this sensational video. Gerard Pique at passport control, Lionel Messi teaching a choreographed dance lesson with a soccer ball and Carlos Puyol saving people by heading plant pots away… do I need to say much more?
Watch and enjoy a minute and a half that you’ll be hoping gets made into a feature film.
“Ladies and gentleman we will shortly be arriving in the land of FC Barcelona.”
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro