Sep 5, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
After over a year and a half without a sponsor, FC Dallas Stadium will receive a new naming partner on Tuesday, the club announced on Thursday. Hunt Sports Group chairman Clark Hunt and vice president Dan Hunt will be on hand to present the new sponsor at the stadium.
When it opened in 2005, the venue was known as Pizza Hut Park, sponsored by the national chain that has its headquarters in nearby Plano, Texas. The stadium played host to the 2005 MLS Cup final, where the Los Angeles Galaxy defeated the New England Revolution, 1-0 in overtime, and the 2006 final, which ended 4-3 in penalty kicks for the Houston Dynamo over the Revs after a 1-1 tie.
FC Dallas’ headquarters are located on the stadium property, which also includes 17 other full-size fields for the academy that have hosted tournaments such as Dallas Cup, and the Olympic Development Program and U.S. Youth Soccer national championships.
- Bundesliga wrap: Hamburg holds Bayern; Newly-promoted club atop league 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Southampton win, Liverpool upset 0
- West Ham United 3-1 Liverpool: Early goals send Irons to big upset 1
- Newcastle United 2-2 Hull City: Cisse’s brace saves embattled Magpies 0
- Aston Villa 0-3 Arsenal: Red-hot Ozil, Welbeck fire Gunners to victory (video) 0
- Watch live: West Ham United vs. Liverpool (Lineups) 0