Sep 5, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
After over a year and a half without a sponsor, FC Dallas Stadium will receive a new naming partner on Tuesday, the club announced on Thursday. Hunt Sports Group chairman Clark Hunt and vice president Dan Hunt will be on hand to present the new sponsor at the stadium.
When it opened in 2005, the venue was known as Pizza Hut Park, sponsored by the national chain that has its headquarters in nearby Plano, Texas. The stadium played host to the 2005 MLS Cup final, where the Los Angeles Galaxy defeated the New England Revolution, 1-0 in overtime, and the 2006 final, which ended 4-3 in penalty kicks for the Houston Dynamo over the Revs after a 1-1 tie.
FC Dallas’ headquarters are located on the stadium property, which also includes 17 other full-size fields for the academy that have hosted tournaments such as Dallas Cup, and the Olympic Development Program and U.S. Youth Soccer national championships.
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3