Sep 9, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Ahead of tomorrow’s massive World Cup qualifier in Columbus between the USA and Mexico, we take you back to the last time a WC qualifier played out between these two in Ohio.
It was a lot colder on February 11, 2009 than it will be tomorrow in central Ohio, but the atmosphere promises to be just as hostile as the U.S. know a win could seal their passage to the World Cup.
Michael Bradley was the USMNT hero last time out but with the AS Roma star out injured for this game, who will rise to the challenge in Columbus?
Watch below as the U.S. shutout Mexico in an exhilarating clash with El Tri. CONCACAF qualifying at its best.
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)