Sep 10, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
In a close and hard-fought match-up in the Brazilian Serie D playoffs, Aparecidense defeated Tupi on away goals. But were it not for a timely intervention from off the field, Tupi would have won.
In the 90th minute, Aparecidense masseur Romildo Fonseca da Silva jumped onto the field while Tupi was on a breakaway and stopped two shots on the line. The only way to really comprehend it is to watch the video:
Aparecidense advanced to the Serie D quarterfinals with the win, but it has not escaped criticism even from its own president.
“My personal opinion is that it was wrong, but as president I will defend the club,” Wilson Queiroz Brasil told Brazilian outlet Estadão.
The result has yet to be overturned by Brazilian officials.
- Watch Live: Documentary showcasing Arsenal’s “Invincibles” 0
- Three things we learned from Liverpool’s win vs. Manchester City 2
- Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City: Pair of Reds stunners stupefy City 2
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4