Sep 11, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
One day after scoring the second goal in the U.S.’s 2-0 win over Mexico, Landon Donovan was on the Dan Patrick Show, where the newly reintegrated national teamer did his best to coax the host to attending next year’s World Cup.
Patrick was initially resistant. He’s going to Sochi for the 2014 Winter Olympics, he said. He’d be in Rio for the 2016 Summer games. He did he have to go to Brazil in 2014 just to follow Landon?
Eventually, the two made a deal. In exchange for information about Donovan’s post-2014 future, Patrick ends up making him a promise. Along the way, the two talk about Donovan’s right eye (a point of interest in Columbus), the star’s winter sabbatical, and whether the United States needs the icon to succeed in next year’s finals.
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 0
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 6
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0