Sep 12, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Out through various injuries since a Champions League game against AC Milan in March, FC Barcelona and Spanish national team central defender Carles Puyol may be close to returning to full training once again.
His latest trouble is a recurring knee injury that has seen two operations. Those injuries bookended a potpourri of injuries that included a fractured cheekbone, twisted knee ligaments and a dislocated elbow. At one point, Puyol contemplated retirement if his problems continued, but nearing return seems to have him enthusiastic once again.
Puyol posted the following picture on his Instagram account on Thursday, along with the inscription: “Almost there! Very happy. Tomorrow may be a great day.”
- Watch Live: Chicago Fire at San Jose Earthquakes (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 1
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1
- USMNT prospect Gedion Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 4
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 8