Sep 12, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
Out through various injuries since a Champions League game against AC Milan in March, FC Barcelona and Spanish national team central defender Carles Puyol may be close to returning to full training once again.
His latest trouble is a recurring knee injury that has seen two operations. Those injuries bookended a potpourri of injuries that included a fractured cheekbone, twisted knee ligaments and a dislocated elbow. At one point, Puyol contemplated retirement if his problems continued, but nearing return seems to have him enthusiastic once again.
Puyol posted the following picture on his Instagram account on Thursday, along with the inscription: “Almost there! Very happy. Tomorrow may be a great day.”
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 6
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 3
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1