Sep 12, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Out through various injuries since a Champions League game against AC Milan in March, FC Barcelona and Spanish national team central defender Carles Puyol may be close to returning to full training once again.
His latest trouble is a recurring knee injury that has seen two operations. Those injuries bookended a potpourri of injuries that included a fractured cheekbone, twisted knee ligaments and a dislocated elbow. At one point, Puyol contemplated retirement if his problems continued, but nearing return seems to have him enthusiastic once again.
Puyol posted the following picture on his Instagram account on Thursday, along with the inscription: “Almost there! Very happy. Tomorrow may be a great day.”
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6