Sep 12, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Out through various injuries since a Champions League game against AC Milan in March, FC Barcelona and Spanish national team central defender Carles Puyol may be close to returning to full training once again.
His latest trouble is a recurring knee injury that has seen two operations. Those injuries bookended a potpourri of injuries that included a fractured cheekbone, twisted knee ligaments and a dislocated elbow. At one point, Puyol contemplated retirement if his problems continued, but nearing return seems to have him enthusiastic once again.
Puyol posted the following picture on his Instagram account on Thursday, along with the inscription: “Almost there! Very happy. Tomorrow may be a great day.”
- Manchester United 4-0 QPR: Roaring first half signals intentions of new-look United 1
- Reports say Alan Pardew on thin ice as Newcastle front office eyes Hull’s Steve Bruce 0
- MLS Snapshot: Philadelphia Union 2-2 New York Red Bulls 0
- Late Turan goal gives Atletico 2-1 win at Real Madrid 0
- Saturday Premier League roundup: Chelsea win, Arsenal-Man City draw, Liverpool lose (video) 0
- Liverpool 0-1 Aston Villa: Agbonlahor’s early score leads Villa past listless Liverpool (video) 2