Sep 12, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Out through various injuries since a Champions League game against AC Milan in March, FC Barcelona and Spanish national team central defender Carles Puyol may be close to returning to full training once again.
His latest trouble is a recurring knee injury that has seen two operations. Those injuries bookended a potpourri of injuries that included a fractured cheekbone, twisted knee ligaments and a dislocated elbow. At one point, Puyol contemplated retirement if his problems continued, but nearing return seems to have him enthusiastic once again.
Puyol posted the following picture on his Instagram account on Thursday, along with the inscription: “Almost there! Very happy. Tomorrow may be a great day.”
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Liverpool 0
- VIDEO: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard dances around Barcelona to score magical goal 0
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 2
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 15
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1