Sep 13, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
For a kid in Cuba with a gift for soccer, everything changed when he took a trip with his team to the United States, and never went back.
Now, with a family, American citizenship, and a job playing his lifelong passion, Osvaldo Alonso is living his dream with the Seattle Sounders.
Will he get a shot to play for the USMNT? That’s for the Cuban federation to decide. But for now, the defensive midfielder continues to ply his trade in the middle of the CenturyLink Field pitch, dispossessing opposing players with great precision.
- Fraizer Campbell gives Tony Pulis a new option a Crystal Palace 0
- Everton willing to set club transfer record to bring Lukaku back 2
- Arsenal on the verge of signing Calum Chambers from Southampton 0
- Knee injury will keep Lallana out of Liverpool’s Premier League opener 0
- A quick guide to who’s come and gone from Premier League teams 2
- Didier Drogba has officially rejoined Jose Mourinho at Chelsea 3