Sep 13, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
For a kid in Cuba with a gift for soccer, everything changed when he took a trip with his team to the United States, and never went back.
Now, with a family, American citizenship, and a job playing his lifelong passion, Osvaldo Alonso is living his dream with the Seattle Sounders.
Will he get a shot to play for the USMNT? That’s for the Cuban federation to decide. But for now, the defensive midfielder continues to ply his trade in the middle of the CenturyLink Field pitch, dispossessing opposing players with great precision.
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic insures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 4
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 1
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 6