Sep 14, 2013, 10:22 AM EST
It took just ten minutes for Mesut Ozil to make his first real contribution in an Arsenal shirt, and what a great start to his Gunners career it was.
The ball was fed to the German international down the left and with an exquisite first touch he took the looping pass in and then played a perfectly weighted ball to an onrushing Olivier Giroud, all the Frenchman had to do was sweep the ball home confidently from 12 yards out.
It was the French internationals fifth goal in six games this season.
Now you can see why the Gunners broke the bank to bring in the former Real Madrid star.
Watch the game live on NBCSN or via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1