Sep 14, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
It took just ten minutes for Mesut Ozil to make his first real contribution in an Arsenal shirt, and what a great start to his Gunners career it was.
The ball was fed to the German international down the left and with an exquisite first touch he took the looping pass in and then played a perfectly weighted ball to an onrushing Olivier Giroud, all the Frenchman had to do was sweep the ball home confidently from 12 yards out.
It was the French internationals fifth goal in six games this season.
Now you can see why the Gunners broke the bank to bring in the former Real Madrid star.
Watch the game live on NBCSN or via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 2
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs