Sep 14, 2013, 10:22 AM EST
It took just ten minutes for Mesut Ozil to make his first real contribution in an Arsenal shirt, and what a great start to his Gunners career it was.
The ball was fed to the German international down the left and with an exquisite first touch he took the looping pass in and then played a perfectly weighted ball to an onrushing Olivier Giroud, all the Frenchman had to do was sweep the ball home confidently from 12 yards out.
It was the French internationals fifth goal in six games this season.
Now you can see why the Gunners broke the bank to bring in the former Real Madrid star.
Watch the game live on NBCSN or via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 2
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 1
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 4
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 4
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (14)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Group B: No Walk In The Park