Sep 14, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
Roberto Martinez is still looking for his first win as Everton manager, but that will be a difficult challenge with Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea visiting Goodison Park on Saturday evening (12:30 p.m. ET; watch live on NBC and online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Everton have picked up just three points from three matches, all draws. The Toffees haven’t scored since their opening day match against Norwich, a 2-2 draw. Martinez is hoping that his late summer signings might bring a lift to his new side, and has opted to start Gareth Barry in midfield. James McCarthy, however, will have to wait for his turn, as the former Wigan man is on the bench for this one. And, unfortunately for Everton, loanee Romelu Lukaku is ineligible to play against his parent club.
As for Chelsea, well, they’ve got very little to complain about. Samuel Eto’o, who formerly played under Mourinho, will make his Blues debut at Goodison today, but Willian, signed for £32m, doesn’t even make the bench. Although when taking a look at that bench, it’s rather difficult to imagine a stronger one.
Everton: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Osman, Barry, Mirallas, Naismith, Barkley, Jelavic
Subs: Robles, Heitinga, Oviedo, Deulofeu, McCarthy, Gueye, Stones
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Schurrle, Hazard, Mata, Eto’o
Subs: Essien, Lampard, Torres, Oscar, De Bruyne, Schwarzer, Cahill
- Watch Live: Chelsea vs. West Bromwich Albion (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Arsene Wenger suggests Thierry Henry could return to Arsenal as a coach 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders to square off in Western Conference Championship, leg 1 0