Sep 14, 2013, 7:29 AM EST
In the early kick off today Manchester United host Crystal Palace at Old Trafford (7:45am ET, live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) with David Moyes desperate to grab his first home win as Untied manager.
The big news surrounding this game is that Wayne Rooney starts after suffering that nasty head gash in a training ground challenge with Phil Jones, the England international hasn’t played since the 0-0 draw with Chelsea back in August.
New signing Marouane Fellaini is on the bench for the Red Devils following his $42 million move from Everton on transfer deadline day.
As for Palace, they look like an entirely different team to the side that squared off against Tottenham Hotspur on the opening day of the season. Ian Holloway has decided to start with new signings Adrian Mariappa, Jason Puncheon and Marouane Chamakh, while Barry Bannan, Jimmy Kebe and Cameron Jerome are on the bench.
Make sure you tune in to NBCSN to watch live, or online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Here are the starting lineups and subs as United take on the Eagles.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Campana, Digkacoi, Puncheon, Jedinak, Gayle, Gabbidon, Moxey, Delaney, Chamakh. Subs: Alexander, O’Keefe, Phillips, Kebe, Jerome, Guediora, Bannan
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 3
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 6
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 3
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1