Sep 14, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Historically Manchester City have not fared well at the Britannia Stadium and on Saturday it won’t be an easy game as they face an in-form Stoke City (10am ET, watch on NBCSN Sports and live online via NBC Sports Live Extra) with former Man City manager Mark Hughes in charge of the Potters.
The last four games at Stoke between these teams had ended 1-1 and Stoke have never lost at home to Man City in the Premier League (1-4-0) however the Sky Blues did net a win the FA Cup at the Britannia last season.
New Citizens’ boss Manuel Pellegrini makes five changes to the side that faced Hull City last time out.
As for Stoke, they keep things simple after their impressive 1-0 win away at West Ham before the international break and are looking to make it three wins from three for the first-time since December 2012.
New signing Stephen Ireland is on the bench.
Stoke City: Cameron, Shawcross, Huth, Pieters; Walters, Nzonzi, Adam, Wilson, Etheringron; Jones. Subs: Sorensen, Whelan, Pennant, Palacios, Arnautovic, Crouch, Ireland
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Garcia, Nastasic, Kolarov, Milner, Rodwell, Toure (C), Nasri, Negredo, Jovetic. Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Fernandinho, Navas, Dzeko, Aguero, Boyata
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0
- Hull City 0-0 Manchester United: Tigers go down after squandering chances 0
- Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham United: Sissoko, Jonas leave nothing to chance 0