Sep 14, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Manchester United have dominated most of the first half against newly-promoted Crystal Palace.
And Dutch international Robin Van Persie finally sealed their dominance right on the stroke of half time with a coolly taken penalty to put the Red Devils 1-0 up.
In the 44th minute Ashely Young broke clear of Kagisho Dikgacoi who brought him down as last man just inside the box. The Palace midfielder was given his marching orders and United go into the break with a 1-0 lead and the Eagles are down to 10-men.
It should be a routine win for the Red Devils now…
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 0
- LIVE – Champions League half time update: Blowouts! Get your blowouts here! 0
- FOLLOW LIVE: At the half, unstoppable Bayern Munich up 5-0 at Roma 0