Sep 14, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Manchester United have dominated most of the first half against newly-promoted Crystal Palace.
And Dutch international Robin Van Persie finally sealed their dominance right on the stroke of half time with a coolly taken penalty to put the Red Devils 1-0 up.
In the 44th minute Ashely Young broke clear of Kagisho Dikgacoi who brought him down as last man just inside the box. The Palace midfielder was given his marching orders and United go into the break with a 1-0 lead and the Eagles are down to 10-men.
It should be a routine win for the Red Devils now…
- USMNT prospect Gideon Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 0
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 2
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 6
- PHOTOS: What if your college was a professional soccer team? They could look like this 7
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 3