Sep 14, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Manchester United have dominated most of the first half against newly-promoted Crystal Palace.
And Dutch international Robin Van Persie finally sealed their dominance right on the stroke of half time with a coolly taken penalty to put the Red Devils 1-0 up.
In the 44th minute Ashely Young broke clear of Kagisho Dikgacoi who brought him down as last man just inside the box. The Palace midfielder was given his marching orders and United go into the break with a 1-0 lead and the Eagles are down to 10-men.
It should be a routine win for the Red Devils now…
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Germany back on track; Portugal beat Serbia, go top 0
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 2
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 1-0 LA Galaxy 1