Sep 14, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
Manchester United have dominated most of the first half against newly-promoted Crystal Palace.
And Dutch international Robin Van Persie finally sealed their dominance right on the stroke of half time with a coolly taken penalty to put the Red Devils 1-0 up.
In the 44th minute Ashely Young broke clear of Kagisho Dikgacoi who brought him down as last man just inside the box. The Palace midfielder was given his marching orders and United go into the break with a 1-0 lead and the Eagles are down to 10-men.
It should be a routine win for the Red Devils now…
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 3
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0