Sep 14, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
Manchester United have dominated most of the first half against newly-promoted Crystal Palace.
And Dutch international Robin Van Persie finally sealed their dominance right on the stroke of half time with a coolly taken penalty to put the Red Devils 1-0 up.
In the 44th minute Ashely Young broke clear of Kagisho Dikgacoi who brought him down as last man just inside the box. The Palace midfielder was given his marching orders and United go into the break with a 1-0 lead and the Eagles are down to 10-men.
It should be a routine win for the Red Devils now…
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0