Sep 15, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
A monstrously attacking lineup from Mauricio Ponchettino’s Southampton sees all three of his strikers start in a very strong 4-3-3.
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce didn’t have nearly the plethora of attackers Ponchettino had to choose from, and Big Sam decides to stick with the Malian, Modibo Maiga. The 26-year-old has yet to score in the league this season despite playing every minute of West Ham’s three matches so far.
Southampton: Boruc; Clyne, Fonte, Lovern, Shaw; Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Lallana; Rodriguez, Osvaldo, Lambert.
Bench: K. Davis, S. Davis, Ramirez, Ward-Prowse, Guly, Chambers, Hooiveld.
West Ham United: Jaaskelainen; Demel, Collins, Reid, O’Brien; Diame, Noble, Nolan, Jarvis, Morrison; Maiga.
Bench: Adrian, Rat, Tomkins, Collison, Taylor, Lee, Vaz Te.
You can watch live on NBCSN or on NBC Sports Live Extra starting at 11am ET.
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- What a photo: Lazio plays to near-empty Stadio Olimpico as fans protest club president 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear