Sep 15, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
It’s not many weekends that you’ll have an undersized striker in head-gear score from a dead ball 26 yards from goal. It’s even fewer weekends where all those qualities line up for only the second-best goal of the weekend (though this week, that’s debatable).
Among the five goals shown in this week’s Top Goals package, the best may be number four. At least, if we’re looking for the one that has the most technical quality, it’s Aaron Ramsey‘s, with the Arsenal midfielder’s one-timer from the top of the area about as well as you could hit that ball. Perhaps it didn’t catch a corner or go into the top of the net, but given how often we see that ball shanked or put 10 rows deep, Ramsey did an excellent job to convert in into a goal.
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 4
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0