Sep 15, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
It’s not many weekends that you’ll have an undersized striker in head-gear score from a dead ball 26 yards from goal. It’s even fewer weekends where all those qualities line up for only the second-best goal of the weekend (though this week, that’s debatable).
Among the five goals shown in this week’s Top Goals package, the best may be number four. At least, if we’re looking for the one that has the most technical quality, it’s Aaron Ramsey‘s, with the Arsenal midfielder’s one-timer from the top of the area about as well as you could hit that ball. Perhaps it didn’t catch a corner or go into the top of the net, but given how often we see that ball shanked or put 10 rows deep, Ramsey did an excellent job to convert in into a goal.
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (15)
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit