Sep 15, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
It’s not many weekends that you’ll have an undersized striker in head-gear score from a dead ball 26 yards from goal. It’s even fewer weekends where all those qualities line up for only the second-best goal of the weekend (though this week, that’s debatable).
Among the five goals shown in this week’s Top Goals package, the best may be number four. At least, if we’re looking for the one that has the most technical quality, it’s Aaron Ramsey‘s, with the Arsenal midfielder’s one-timer from the top of the area about as well as you could hit that ball. Perhaps it didn’t catch a corner or go into the top of the net, but given how often we see that ball shanked or put 10 rows deep, Ramsey did an excellent job to convert in into a goal.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3