Sep 16, 2013, 4:27 PM EST
Swansea City and Liverpool have scored four goals among them in the first hour of the game, and Jonjo Shelvey has been involved in all of them.
The former Liverpool midfielder and current Swansea player scored the first goal of the game, gave passes away that led to Liverpool taking a 2-1 lead and now assisted Swansea’s equalizer.
His flick across goal found Michu (pictured, bottom), who easily put home his first goal of the season in the 64th minute. It was a nice bit of skill from the man who has had an eventful if spasmodic match.
Can Shelvey find a way to get involved in another goal? Click here to go to the NBC Sports LiveExtra stream of Swansea vs. Liverpool, also available on NBCSN.
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 0
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 0
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 4
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 4
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (14)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Group B: No Walk In The Park