Sep 16, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
It’s only of those plays Dani Osvaldo will see in his sleep: where everything had gone right; he was in the right place; and he knew, with every piece of knowledge he’d accumulated throughout his career, the only thing keeping him from his first Premier League goal was avoiding the defender who’d collapsed to the far post.
Then it happened. Somehow, from one moment defending the ball across to the next, trying to close the distance between himself and Osvaldo, Jussi Jääskeläinen got there. And it’s not until the moment he makes contact with the ball that you realize it was even possible.
The West Ham veteran highlights this week’s top saves, a short list that includes an appearance from U.S. international Tim Howard, whose third clean sheet of the season helped Everton knock off Chelsea on Saturday.
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 3
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0