Sep 16, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
It’s only of those plays Dani Osvaldo will see in his sleep: where everything had gone right; he was in the right place; and he knew, with every piece of knowledge he’d accumulated throughout his career, the only thing keeping him from his first Premier League goal was avoiding the defender who’d collapsed to the far post.
Then it happened. Somehow, from one moment defending the ball across to the next, trying to close the distance between himself and Osvaldo, Jussi Jääskeläinen got there. And it’s not until the moment he makes contact with the ball that you realize it was even possible.
The West Ham veteran highlights this week’s top saves, a short list that includes an appearance from U.S. international Tim Howard, whose third clean sheet of the season helped Everton knock off Chelsea on Saturday.
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1
- Manchester City 3-0 Crystal Palace: Citizens level with Chelsea, play without a striker 0