Sep 16, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
It’s only of those plays Dani Osvaldo will see in his sleep: where everything had gone right; he was in the right place; and he knew, with every piece of knowledge he’d accumulated throughout his career, the only thing keeping him from his first Premier League goal was avoiding the defender who’d collapsed to the far post.
Then it happened. Somehow, from one moment defending the ball across to the next, trying to close the distance between himself and Osvaldo, Jussi Jääskeläinen got there. And it’s not until the moment he makes contact with the ball that you realize it was even possible.
The West Ham veteran highlights this week’s top saves, a short list that includes an appearance from U.S. international Tim Howard, whose third clean sheet of the season helped Everton knock off Chelsea on Saturday.
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 0
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 6
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1