Sep 16, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
It’s only of those plays Dani Osvaldo will see in his sleep: where everything had gone right; he was in the right place; and he knew, with every piece of knowledge he’d accumulated throughout his career, the only thing keeping him from his first Premier League goal was avoiding the defender who’d collapsed to the far post.
Then it happened. Somehow, from one moment defending the ball across to the next, trying to close the distance between himself and Osvaldo, Jussi Jääskeläinen got there. And it’s not until the moment he makes contact with the ball that you realize it was even possible.
The West Ham veteran highlights this week’s top saves, a short list that includes an appearance from U.S. international Tim Howard, whose third clean sheet of the season helped Everton knock off Chelsea on Saturday.
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 0
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 7
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 7