Sep 16, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
It’s only of those plays Dani Osvaldo will see in his sleep: where everything had gone right; he was in the right place; and he knew, with every piece of knowledge he’d accumulated throughout his career, the only thing keeping him from his first Premier League goal was avoiding the defender who’d collapsed to the far post.
Then it happened. Somehow, from one moment defending the ball across to the next, trying to close the distance between himself and Osvaldo, Jussi Jääskeläinen got there. And it’s not until the moment he makes contact with the ball that you realize it was even possible.
The West Ham veteran highlights this week’s top saves, a short list that includes an appearance from U.S. international Tim Howard, whose third clean sheet of the season helped Everton knock off Chelsea on Saturday.
- Report: USA to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Everton set to complete $50 million deal for Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku 4
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1