Sep 20, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
Okay, it’s a Friday and right about now your attention will be turning to the weekend, specifically what will be going on in MLS.
At ProSoccerTalk we will have plenty of Major League Soccer previews and news coming up ahead of the games.
But for now, let’s change the pace and have a bit of a laugh. For anyone perusing through Twitter on Thursday night or earlier on Friday, you may have seen New York Red Bulls captain Thierry Henry popping up in peculiar places all across the globe.
The hashtag #Henrying has been trending, as fans have Photoshopped Henry’s famous lackadaisical pose alongside many of the great wonders of the world, Maradona, in the ring with Mohammed Ali and many more. Here are the four easy steps to #Henrying, via KickTV.
Check out our favorite #Henrying pictures below. Happy Friday!
As Ron Burgundy famously once said in Anchorman, “Wow, that escalated quickly.” And as #Henrying swept across Twitter, even Major League Soccer’s official handle got involved.
Not before too long, Henry became a star in Disney’s The Lion King.
Then he was busy holding up that famous tower in Italy…
English fans would have loved Henry forever if his “Hand of God” was actually real.
And finally, after all that #Henrying the Red Bulls striker needed a quick break… Not that he looked tired or anything.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro