Thierry Henry craze sweeps Twitter, here’s our favorite #Henrying photos

Sep 20, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT

Trevor Hayward Trevor Hayward

Okay, it’s a Friday and right about now your attention will be turning to the weekend, specifically what will be going on in MLS.

At ProSoccerTalk we will have plenty of Major League Soccer previews and news coming up ahead of the games.

But for now, let’s change the pace and have a bit of a laugh. For anyone perusing through Twitter on Thursday night or earlier on Friday, you may have seen New York Red Bulls captain Thierry Henry popping up in peculiar places all across the globe.

The hashtag #Henrying has been trending, as fans have Photoshopped Henry’s famous lackadaisical pose alongside many of the great wonders of the world, Maradona, in the ring with Mohammed Ali and many more. Here are the four easy steps to #Henrying, via KickTV.

Check out our favorite #Henrying pictures below. Happy Friday!

As Ron Burgundy famously once said in Anchorman, “Wow, that escalated quickly.” And as #Henrying swept across Twitter, even Major League Soccer’s official handle got involved.

Not before too long, Henry became a star in Disney’s The Lion King.

Then he was busy holding up that famous tower in Italy…

English fans would have loved Henry forever if his “Hand of God” was actually real.

And finally, after all that #Henrying the Red Bulls striker needed a quick break… Not that he looked tired or anything.

1. hildezero - Sep 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Why is this trending? This seems like a dumb idea. There’s no point to this.

• nappy25 - Sep 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hi, my name is hildezero and I have no sense of humor and I want to ruin it all for everyone.

• Matthew - Sep 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Well said, Nappy!

• valiantdraws - Sep 21, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Clearly, you haven’t met the interwebs. 99.99% of things here have no point.

2. hildezero - Sep 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Hi, my name is nappy25 and I’m never-happy and I know I’m only 25, but I argue like I’m 15.

• gooterbaby - Sep 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Hi, my name is hildezero and I have a small penis and it makes me really uptight.

3. hildezero - Sep 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Hi, my name is gooterbaby and I have a baby dick and it makes me feel confident.

4. Matthew - Sep 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Reblogged this on Carolina Mountain Blue and commented:
    Like most Twitter trends, I’m still wondering who came up with the idea of #Henrying…but you have to admit, it’s funny as hell looking at all the different tweets in the article above.

5. mkbryant3 - Sep 20, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Hi, I’m mkbryant3 and I endorse this hashtag.

PST Extra: The Manchester derby