Sep 21, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Los Angeles and Seattle will know more about their playoff positioning later tonight, upon the conclusion of their huge Western Conference clash at the StubHub Center.
What they won’t know, however, is how a contest between these two Western frontrunners will turn out once both are at full strength.
We still do not know whether Landon Donovan will take part as Sigi Schmid’s team, doing so well lately and coming off last week’s impressive win over Real Salt Lake, visits the two-time defending MLS Cup winner.
We do know, however, that U.S. international Clint Dempsey will miss the match. Dempsey did not travel with the club, having apparently collected a hamstring injury during training this week.
MLS clubs are not required to disclose injuries.
Not that “Deuce” can help it, but this will only add to some mounting pressure, as the league’s highest paid man continues to look for his first goal or assist since joining Seattle in early August.
As long as Seattle is winning, that debate will continue to be back-burner stuff. But as soon as a couple results don’t go the Sounders way …
Tonight’s match is at 10:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- Van Gaal has interest in Ronaldo, doesn’t think Real Madrid will sell 2
- Americans Abroad preview: Guzan looks to keep Villa rolling 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 5 1
- Euro 2020 semis, final to be played at Wembley Stadium 1
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- MLS’s new logo: Reddit (yes, Reddit) may have a way to solve the league’s new problem 15