Sep 21, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Los Angeles and Seattle will know more about their playoff positioning later tonight, upon the conclusion of their huge Western Conference clash at the StubHub Center.
What they won’t know, however, is how a contest between these two Western frontrunners will turn out once both are at full strength.
We still do not know whether Landon Donovan will take part as Sigi Schmid’s team, doing so well lately and coming off last week’s impressive win over Real Salt Lake, visits the two-time defending MLS Cup winner.
We do know, however, that U.S. international Clint Dempsey will miss the match. Dempsey did not travel with the club, having apparently collected a hamstring injury during training this week.
MLS clubs are not required to disclose injuries.
Not that “Deuce” can help it, but this will only add to some mounting pressure, as the league’s highest paid man continues to look for his first goal or assist since joining Seattle in early August.
As long as Seattle is winning, that debate will continue to be back-burner stuff. But as soon as a couple results don’t go the Sounders way …
Tonight’s match is at 10:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- MLS Cup Playoffs Preview: Red Bulls vs. Revolution, Galaxy vs. Sounders in Conference Championship first legs 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 1