Sep 21, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Los Angeles and Seattle will know more about their playoff positioning later tonight, upon the conclusion of their huge Western Conference clash at the StubHub Center.
What they won’t know, however, is how a contest between these two Western frontrunners will turn out once both are at full strength.
We still do not know whether Landon Donovan will take part as Sigi Schmid’s team, doing so well lately and coming off last week’s impressive win over Real Salt Lake, visits the two-time defending MLS Cup winner.
We do know, however, that U.S. international Clint Dempsey will miss the match. Dempsey did not travel with the club, having apparently collected a hamstring injury during training this week.
MLS clubs are not required to disclose injuries.
Not that “Deuce” can help it, but this will only add to some mounting pressure, as the league’s highest paid man continues to look for his first goal or assist since joining Seattle in early August.
As long as Seattle is winning, that debate will continue to be back-burner stuff. But as soon as a couple results don’t go the Sounders way …
Tonight’s match is at 10:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 6
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 1
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- Disappointing Opener for the Chicago Fire
- Liverpool says Pepe Reina can Leave Permanently for Four Million Pounds
- Sporting KC Sign Antonio Dovale
- Cruz Azul Ready to Continue Good Form in CONCACAF
- Escalada's Brace Against Leon Puts Emelec at Top in Libertadores Cup
- Galaxy Know Home Cooking is key to Beating Tijuana
- Santos Waste Away Advantage Against Venezuelan Minnows in Libertadores Cup
- Earthquakes' Alan Gordon's 95th Minute Equalizer Sets 1-1 Draw vs Toluca
- Sporting Ready for Champions League Test
- Kaká Becomes First Brazilian to Reach 30 Goals in the Champions League