Sep 21, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
After a poor first half display from Liverpool, this goal was coming for the away side.
Lovren did superbly to hold off his marker and head powerfully goalwards, and despite a despairing dive from Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, he couldn’t stop the ball nestling into the back of the net to give the Saints a 1-0 lead.
The Saints have only won three of their last 36 games at Anfield, could they pull of a shock upset at the league leaders?
Watch the second half live via NBC Sports Live Extra, as Liverpool aim to preserve their unbeaten start to the 2013-14 campaign.
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 5
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Shea Returns to Stoke After Fan Incident Cuts Barnsley Loan Spell Short
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs
- The FIFA World Cup Trophy for the First Time in Sarajevo
- Despite Early Deficit, Revs Could've Climbed Back vs. Dynamo
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1