Sep 21, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
After a poor first half display from Liverpool, this goal was coming for the away side.
Lovren did superbly to hold off his marker and head powerfully goalwards, and despite a despairing dive from Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, he couldn’t stop the ball nestling into the back of the net to give the Saints a 1-0 lead.
The Saints have only won three of their last 36 games at Anfield, could they pull of a shock upset at the league leaders?
Watch the second half live via NBC Sports Live Extra, as Liverpool aim to preserve their unbeaten start to the 2013-14 campaign.
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 0
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Roma, Porto win big; Chelsea, PSG slip up 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Schalke 04: Huntelaar secures point for the underdogs 0
- Bayern Munich 1-0 Manchester City: Last-gasp win for Bayern in Bavaria 1
- Men In Blazers podcast: A happy PL return, while Spencer Lanning talks ‘football’ 0