Sep 21, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
After a poor first half display from Liverpool, this goal was coming for the away side.
Lovren did superbly to hold off his marker and head powerfully goalwards, and despite a despairing dive from Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, he couldn’t stop the ball nestling into the back of the net to give the Saints a 1-0 lead.
The Saints have only won three of their last 36 games at Anfield, could they pull of a shock upset at the league leaders?
Watch the second half live via NBC Sports Live Extra, as Liverpool aim to preserve their unbeaten start to the 2013-14 campaign.
- Preview: Early cycle friendly shelves normal questions for U.S. national team’s return 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 6
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 1
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 14