Sep 21, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
After a poor first half display from Liverpool, this goal was coming for the away side.
Lovren did superbly to hold off his marker and head powerfully goalwards, and despite a despairing dive from Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, he couldn’t stop the ball nestling into the back of the net to give the Saints a 1-0 lead.
The Saints have only won three of their last 36 games at Anfield, could they pull of a shock upset at the league leaders?
Watch the second half live via NBC Sports Live Extra, as Liverpool aim to preserve their unbeaten start to the 2013-14 campaign.
- $410 million Las Vegas soccer stadium deal closer; next stop, Major League Soccer… 4
- Report: Arsenal bid $82 million for Edinson Cavani. Remy, Falcao, Welbeck linked 8
- Confirmed: Neil Warnock takes over at Crystal Palace; what will he bring? 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Whole New World Edition 1
- Samuel Eto’o signs two-year deal with Everton 0
- League Cup Roundup: Manchester United embarrassed by Milton Keynes, 4-0 13