Sep 21, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
After a poor first half display from Liverpool, this goal was coming for the away side.
Lovren did superbly to hold off his marker and head powerfully goalwards, and despite a despairing dive from Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, he couldn’t stop the ball nestling into the back of the net to give the Saints a 1-0 lead.
The Saints have only won three of their last 36 games at Anfield, could they pull of a shock upset at the league leaders?
Watch the second half live via NBC Sports Live Extra, as Liverpool aim to preserve their unbeaten start to the 2013-14 campaign.
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3