Sep 21, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
A quickie description of Sporting Kansas City’s first goal Saturday in the driving rain in Toronto: Uncontested cross, uncontested header across goal, uncontested header from six yards for a goal.
It was ridiculously easy at every stop for SKC. On the road!
And if that wasn’t evidence enough of why Toronto FC remains one of the worst clubs in MLS (Thanks, D.C. United!… ) then the visitors’ second goal sure sealed the deal.
C.J. Sapong scored both goals for Sporting Kansas City in the club’s 2-1 victory, one on either side of intermission, and his second header was as easy as the first. Yes, conditions were awful at BMO Field, but that’s no excuse for Mark Bloom’s jayvee-level inattention, allowing the SKC striker to slip inside with ease and push a second goal past Toronto ‘keeper Joe Bendik.
There were simply too many culprits at fault on the first SKC goal to assign blame. Suffice to say, on both strikes, elementary defending took holiday. And “want-to” as well.
Sapong’s first came in the 18th minute off Graham Zusi’s original cross. Chance Myers’ had the centering ball (also uncontested) in the 53rd minute for Sapong’s second goal of the wet afternoon.
Here are both Sporting Kansas City goals from BMO Field:
- Burnley 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes move out of drop zone, send Clarets bottom! 0
- Southampton 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: Visitors twice come back from Pelle goals 0
- Watch Live: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 34 0
- Watch Live: Southampton vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Preview: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool 0