Sep 21, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
Watch out, Newcastle United are on a roll.
After winning two straight games, it only took Newcastle 10 minutes to take the lead against Hull at St. James Park on Saturday.
Their summer loan signing from Queens Park Rangers, Loic Remy, scored his first in Newcastle colors, as he headed home from close range.
Remy anticipated Papiss Demba Cisse’s shot, which bounced into the ground and zipped off the surface towards goal.
The French striker, who excelled at QPR last season, has battled back from injury and now looks to be a regular for Newcastle as they impress early on this season.
His opening game all became possible after Moussa Sissoko‘s great cross from the right, and the Magpies fans had something to shout about early on.
You can watch the game unfold live on NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Lessons from 2010 say U.S. squad as much about opportunity, circumstances as youth 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2
- U.S. roster for Czech Republic: Quick look at some of the newer names 4
- Plenty of surprises in US national team roster for Czech Republic friendly 1
- Analysis: Arsenal, Manchester City handed tough Champions League draw 0
- Full draw: European giants collide as UEFA Champions League groups set 7