Sep 21, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
We previously mentioned Newcastle were on a roll… scratch that.
The Magpies express is powering ahead, as Loic Remy added his second goal of the afternoon with a cool finish in the penalty box just before half time.
Remy, 25, has already become a favorite at St. James Park, as the striker on loan from QPR was at his clinical best in the first half.
In the 44th minute a shot from distance was blocked but fell right to Remy, who instinctively swept home with his right foot, to send the Magpies faithful mad.
However Newcastle’s good form had been firmly halted in its tracks, after Hull’s Robbie Brady smashed a low shot in just before the half hour mark. Hull were growing into the game, despite Newcastle starting brightly, and as the half wore Steve Bruce’s side were back on level terms after 26 minutes.
Mathieu Debuchy was caught out of position at right back and Hull forward Sone Aluko slotted in Brady, who drilled home a low effort that went between Tim Krul‘s legs, sending the away fans into raptures.
And just before they equalized, Hull spurned a glorious chances as Danny Graham was thwarted by Krul from close range.
The Tigers have come roaring back into this one, but Newcastle went back in front before the break. This game is setup perfectly for a tense second half.
Watch this entertaining game live on NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Chelsea confirms two-year AC Milan loan for striker Fernando Torres 5
- US men to face Honduras in October; USWNT name roster for Mexico 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 3 1
- Premier League Preview: Burnley vs. Manchester United 1
- MLS Weekend Preview: Derbies close weekend kicking off off at Sporting Park 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2