Sep 21, 2013, 10:54 AM EST
We previously mentioned Newcastle were on a roll… scratch that.
The Magpies express is powering ahead, as Loic Remy added his second goal of the afternoon with a cool finish in the penalty box just before half time.
Remy, 25, has already become a favorite at St. James Park, as the striker on loan from QPR was at his clinical best in the first half.
In the 44th minute a shot from distance was blocked but fell right to Remy, who instinctively swept home with his right foot, to send the Magpies faithful mad.
However Newcastle’s good form had been firmly halted in its tracks, after Hull’s Robbie Brady smashed a low shot in just before the half hour mark. Hull were growing into the game, despite Newcastle starting brightly, and as the half wore Steve Bruce’s side were back on level terms after 26 minutes.
Mathieu Debuchy was caught out of position at right back and Hull forward Sone Aluko slotted in Brady, who drilled home a low effort that went between Tim Krul‘s legs, sending the away fans into raptures.
And just before they equalized, Hull spurned a glorious chances as Danny Graham was thwarted by Krul from close range.
The Tigers have come roaring back into this one, but Newcastle went back in front before the break. This game is setup perfectly for a tense second half.
Watch this entertaining game live on NBC Sports Live Extra.
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 0
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"