Sep 21, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
We previously mentioned Newcastle were on a roll… scratch that.
The Magpies express is powering ahead, as Loic Remy added his second goal of the afternoon with a cool finish in the penalty box just before half time.
Remy, 25, has already become a favorite at St. James Park, as the striker on loan from QPR was at his clinical best in the first half.
In the 44th minute a shot from distance was blocked but fell right to Remy, who instinctively swept home with his right foot, to send the Magpies faithful mad.
However Newcastle’s good form had been firmly halted in its tracks, after Hull’s Robbie Brady smashed a low shot in just before the half hour mark. Hull were growing into the game, despite Newcastle starting brightly, and as the half wore Steve Bruce’s side were back on level terms after 26 minutes.
Mathieu Debuchy was caught out of position at right back and Hull forward Sone Aluko slotted in Brady, who drilled home a low effort that went between Tim Krul‘s legs, sending the away fans into raptures.
And just before they equalized, Hull spurned a glorious chances as Danny Graham was thwarted by Krul from close range.
The Tigers have come roaring back into this one, but Newcastle went back in front before the break. This game is setup perfectly for a tense second half.
Watch this entertaining game live on NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Euro 2020 semis, final to be played at Wembley Stadium 1
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- MLS’s new logo: Reddit (yes, Reddit) may have a way to solve the league’s new problem 10
- Europe League roundup: Everton big winners at home; Spurs left with draw on the road 0
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 22
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 1