Sep 21, 2013, 1:49 PM EST
Huge sighs of relief emanated from Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon, as Brazilian playmaker Oscar opened the scoring in the second half.
The Brazilian youngster had been preferred to Spaniard Juan Mata, and he duly paid back his managers faith in him by putting Chelsea 1-0 up in the 51st minute.
The Blues had come up against a stubborn Fulham side in the first half of their West London Derby, but soon after the interval Chelsea piled on the pressure with four straight corners from the right hand side. And eventually that proved too much for Fulham to handle, as Oscar tapped home from inside the six-yard box to give Chelsea a 1-0 lead.
A cross broke over to Andre Schurrle on the left and his run and shot was pushed out by David Stockdale and Samuel Eto’o stabbed the ball back towards Oscar, who slotted home from close range, giving Jose Mourinho’s men some much need breathing space at the start of the second half.
Watch how the second half unfolds live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- WATCH: Premier League live on NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 29 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- 2014 MLS Season: Hoping & Fearing with Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keeps Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls
- Three Star Toluca Dominate in Victory Over Puebla
- Sweden Clash U.S. Women's National Team Undefeated 2-Year Record