Sep 21, 2013, 4:10 PM EST
Despite the Sunderland fans singing to him “you’re getting sacked in the morning” following their 3-0 defeat to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, Paolo Di Canio has urged to keep fighting.
Di Canio walked over to the traveling Sunderland fans at the end of the game to thank them for their support, but instead he was greeted with hostile chants and responded with a defiant post-game interview, which you can watch above.
The Italian manager, who saw his side lose for the fourth time in five matches, is adamant the lack of success is down to the team not gelling properly, and believes that he is doing all he can to avert the slump.
Sunderland are now rock bottom of the Premier League table after five games, after picking up just one point so far.
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 5
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 3
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1