Sep 21, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Despite the Sunderland fans singing to him “you’re getting sacked in the morning” following their 3-0 defeat to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, Paolo Di Canio has urged to keep fighting.
Di Canio walked over to the traveling Sunderland fans at the end of the game to thank them for their support, but instead he was greeted with hostile chants and responded with a defiant post-game interview, which you can watch above.
The Italian manager, who saw his side lose for the fourth time in five matches, is adamant the lack of success is down to the team not gelling properly, and believes that he is doing all he can to avert the slump.
Sunderland are now rock bottom of the Premier League table after five games, after picking up just one point so far.
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 10
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0