Sep 21, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Despite the Sunderland fans singing to him “you’re getting sacked in the morning” following their 3-0 defeat to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, Paolo Di Canio has urged to keep fighting.
Di Canio walked over to the traveling Sunderland fans at the end of the game to thank them for their support, but instead he was greeted with hostile chants and responded with a defiant post-game interview, which you can watch above.
The Italian manager, who saw his side lose for the fourth time in five matches, is adamant the lack of success is down to the team not gelling properly, and believes that he is doing all he can to avert the slump.
Sunderland are now rock bottom of the Premier League table after five games, after picking up just one point so far.
- Steven Gerrard will play somewhere next season, Liverpool deal or not 0
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 6
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12