Sep 21, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
With four games kicking off at 10am ET on Saturday, it is a little easier than most weekend’s to keep your eyes on all the action.
And that’s exactly what we’ve been doing, after a tense opening 45 minutes has played across England.
Here is your half time update, be sure to watch the second half from all the games live on NBC Sports Live Extra.
Newcastle United 2-1 Hull City – Watch live here
Loic Remy struck twice for Newcastle, scoring his first goals for the club since arriving from QPR on loan. The french forward gave the Magpies the lead with a header, but Robbie Brady then equalized for Hull. Just before half time, Remy scored again, with an instinctive right-footed finish.
Liverpool 0-0 Southampton – Watch live here
It has been a really even game at Anfield with Liverpool pressing but unable to break down the Saints. Captain Steven Gerrard came closest to breaking the deadlock, as his dipping free kick was wonderfully saved by Polish international Artur Boruc. A great second half coming up as the Reds aim to extend their lead at the top.
West Brom 1-0 Sunderland – Watch live here
Revenge is oh so sweet for Stephane Sessegnon. The striker who saw himself frozen out at Sunderland, scored against his former club to give the Baggies a 1-0 lead at half time. And it was West Brom who did most of the pressing throughout the first half, as Paolo Di Canio‘s Mackems must turn this one on its head to grab their first win of the season.
West Ham 1-0 Everton – Watch live here
Ravel Morrison scored for West Ham as Sam Allardyce‘s side took a half time lead at Upton Park. Roberto Martinez‘ Everton weren’t at the races in the first half, and Morrison made them pay for sloppy defending. Can the Toffees come surging back after the break?
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes