Sep 22, 2013, 7:53 AM EST
New boy Mesut Ozil will make his home debut for Arsenal after shining in his first match for the squad last time out.
Ozil’s assist to Olivier Giroud opened the scoring against Sunderland a week ago, and with it gave Gooners everywhere hope that they can contend for the title this season despite spending money on just a single player in the summer transfer window.
Santi Cazorla continues his injury woes as Mathieu Flamini gets another start in the midfield for Arsenal. Olivier Giroud, who has four goals on the season so far, will continue to man the duties up front. The Arsenal back four looks much more normal as the injuries on the defensive front fade away.
For Stoke, big target man Kenwyne Jones is the choice at the top, still searching for his first goal of the season. Fellow strike giant Peter Crouch will see the bench for the Potters with Jones chosen to start.
Arsenal – Szczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielney, Gibbs; Flamini, Ramsey; Wilshire, Ozil, Walcott; Giroud.
Bench – Viviano, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Arteta, Monreal, Bendtner, Gnabry.
Stoke – Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross, Huth, Pieters; Walters, Wilson, Nzonzi, Adam, Arnautovic; Jones.
Bench – Sorensen, Whelan, Pennant, Palacios, Crouch, Etherington, Ireland.
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 0
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- UK Twitter chat in 2013 dominated by soccer. Good thing or bad thing? 2
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 3
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 2
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio