Sep 22, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
Somewhat surprisingly to this point, newly-promoted Cardiff City have remained unbeaten at home in the Premier League.
They will put that to the test today as Tottenham comes to town. Spurs will look to do better than Manchester City and Everton did at Cardiff City Stadium, with Cardiff gaining four shocking points from those two fixtures.
With Andre Villas-Boas having shuffled the deck against Tromso midweek in the Europa League, all the regulars are fit and ready to go today. Summer signings Christian Eriksen and Roberto Soldado are among that group, and Erik Lamela features on the bench as well.
So far this Cardiff lineup has shown a physical presence as well as creativity in the midfield. Gary Medel has shown his ability to be a toothy presence in the middle, although he seems like a ticking time-bomb waiting to be sent off at some point soon.
Cardiff City – Marshall; Taylor, Caulker, Turner, Whittingham; Medel, Campbell, Kim, Gunnarsson; Theophile-Catherine, Bellamy.
Bench – Lewis, Hudson, Mutch, Cowie, Mason, Maynard, Odemwingie.
You can watch the match live on NBC Sports Live Extra starting at 11am ET.
- Captain Clint fires Seattle Sounders to US Open Cup crown in 3-1 extra time win over Philadelphia 6
- Report: FA to overhaul work permit rules to cut down on non-EU players 4
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Liverpool win late; Real Madrid, Dortmund victorious 0
- Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Arsenal: Gunners outclassed by BVB 6
- Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets: Gerrard grabs last-gasp winner after scare 0
- Premier League player of month on pace for 67 goals (video) 0