Sep 22, 2013, 7:50 AM EST
After picking apart Valencia in the Europa League midweek, Swansea look to roll the momentum over to the Premier League this weekend as they take to the road and visit Crystal Palace.
A 3-0 victory for Michael Laudrup‘s Swans in the Mestalla saw Michu, Wilfried Bony, and Jonathan De Guzman all knock in goals. Today, only one of those goalscorers – Michu – gets the start as the other two will be substitute options today. Spain’s U-21 striker Alvaro Vazquez gets the start up top.
For Crystal Palace, it’s been a roller coaster ride for Ian Holloway’s side, and he chooses to place both Cameron Jerome and Marouane Chamakh at the front as Kevin Phillips sits. Holloway will be searching for his second Premier League win this season to be placed amid three defeats.
Crystal Palace – Speroni; Mariappa, Gabbidon, Delaney, Moxey; Jedinak, Guedioura, Bannan, Puncheon; Jerome, Chamakh.
Bench – Alexander, Campana, Kebe, Thomas, Gayle, Phillips, O’Keefe.
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw 0
- How well did Major League Soccer’s format work in 2013? Few qualms with this year’s results 3
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Here’s how it’s going to work 1
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States 13
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three 11
- Meet the Premier League’s other U.S. international goalkeeper: Cody Cropper 5
- Premier League Preview: Manchester United v. Everton 1
- Debunking the myth of Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas City as bitter rivals 2
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (18)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (16)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (13)
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three (11)