Sep 22, 2013, 2:54 PM EST
No word from the club yet, but Marca are reporting that Bale picked up what is being called a “muscle injury” during warmups.
Obviously that could be anything from a precautionary substitution to a long-term injury scare, but it’s something to keep an eye on.
Bale’s start to his Real Madrid career has been pretty good, scoring on debut and then coming on as a late substitute as his teammates dismantled Champions League opponents Galatasaray.
But we still haven’t seen much, and this will be a potentially enormous setback as Bale looks to try and impress the skeptics.
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)