Sep 22, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT
Sergio Aguero bagged the opener for Manchester City in the 16th minute thanks in part to a stinging cross from Alexander Kolarov to give the home fans the early boost.
Samir Nasri won the ball and advanced down the left side, ending up just outside the box. Manchester United defender Chris Smalling closed him down well, but Kolarov supported with a great run just behind Nasri, having lost his defender Valencia.
The French winger flicked Kolarov the ball, and he lashed in a perfect cross which Aguero connected to perfectly with a 90 degree touch-volley into the top right corner.
The loss of Robin van Persie for Manchester United now looms even larger with the visitors playing from behind early.
- Report: 10-year-old daughter of former FIFA official received over $3 million 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann on Jozy Altidore’s situation, USMNT squad and more 3
- Three Liverpool players on PFA Player of the Year shortlist 0