Sep 22, 2013, 11:21 AM EST
Sergio Aguero bagged the opener for Manchester City in the 16th minute thanks in part to a stinging cross from Alexander Kolarov to give the home fans the early boost.
Samir Nasri won the ball and advanced down the left side, ending up just outside the box. Manchester United defender Chris Smalling closed him down well, but Kolarov supported with a great run just behind Nasri, having lost his defender Valencia.
The French winger flicked Kolarov the ball, and he lashed in a perfect cross which Aguero connected to perfectly with a 90 degree touch-volley into the top right corner.
The loss of Robin van Persie for Manchester United now looms even larger with the visitors playing from behind early.
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 1
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 5
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 2
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0