Sep 22, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT
Sergio Aguero bagged the opener for Manchester City in the 16th minute thanks in part to a stinging cross from Alexander Kolarov to give the home fans the early boost.
Samir Nasri won the ball and advanced down the left side, ending up just outside the box. Manchester United defender Chris Smalling closed him down well, but Kolarov supported with a great run just behind Nasri, having lost his defender Valencia.
The French winger flicked Kolarov the ball, and he lashed in a perfect cross which Aguero connected to perfectly with a 90 degree touch-volley into the top right corner.
The loss of Robin van Persie for Manchester United now looms even larger with the visitors playing from behind early.
- Van Gaal has interest in Ronaldo, doesn’t think Real Madrid will sell 1
- Americans Abroad preview: Guzan looks to keep Villa rolling 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 5 1
- Euro 2020 semis, final to be played at Wembley Stadium 1
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- MLS’s new logo: Reddit (yes, Reddit) may have a way to solve the league’s new problem 14