Sep 22, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
Last week was a down on as far as Premier League goals. This week, consider the tallies that finished fifth on second among the round’s goals of the week.
That exquisite volley from Sone Aluko that won full points for Hull at Newcastle. That’s five. FIVE!
And the 93rd minute, back-heel winner from Paulinho at Cardiff City Stadium? It also fell short of the top spot.
Those goals would both have claims for the top spot in another week, but in the fifth round of the Premier League season, the goals flowed. Whereas the circuit was averaging less than two goals per game during its first four rounds. the fifth week’s 10 matches produced an average of 2.9 goals per game this weekend.
The five above? They’re a small sample from a particularly entertaining week of Premier League action.
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 2
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 7
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 5
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 3
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1