Sep 24, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
Grab your daybook or iPhone or whatever device you use to record big events to come on the calendar and mark down Dec. 13.
That’s six days after MLS Cup – destination unknown on that one, of course. But we know we’re you’ll want to be on Dec. 13 (unless Houston Dynamo officials somehow get this thing streamed online, in which case being in your comfy chair at home will be an officially approved substitute.)
Look at the names already committed to play in the Brian Ching testimonial match!
We don’t see many of these testimonials here, mostly because we are only now reaching the point where players stack up enough MLS history points to earn these memory makers.
Ching, the longtime Houston Dynamo striker who announced his retirement today effective at year’s end, certainly has. Here is the list of players already committed to participate in the late-fall event at BBVA Compass Stadium in downtown Houston:
- Brad Davis
- Bobby Boswell
- Landon Donovan
- Corey Ashe
- Dwayne De Rosario
- Mike Chabala
- Brian Mullan
- Eddie Robinson
- Jimmy Conrad
- Wade Barrett
- Carlos Bocanegra
- Pat Onstad
- Craig Waibel
- Paul Dalglish
- John Spencer
- Steve Ralston
- Frankie Hejduk
- Matt Reis
- Davey Arnaud
- Chris Wondolowski
Most notable here are: Landon Donovan, who played with Ching in a San Jose Earthquakes uniform in 2003 and 2004; John Spencer, who left his post as a Dynamo assistant to become head man at Portland, and; Dwayne De Rosario, the longtime MLS standout who spent six seasons as Ching’s teammate in Houston and San Jose.
- Report: Xabi Alonso heading to Manchester United 5
- Angel Di Maria wants to leave Real Madrid, rejects new contract 0
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 11
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 2
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 3