Sep 26, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
He just won’t stop scoring.
AZ Alkmaar and United States striker Aron Jóhannsson scored three more goals on Wednesday to sink Sparta Rotterdam, 4-1, in extra time in the KNVB Beker. The Icelandic-American scored five minutes into the Dutch Cup game, but Sparta equalized just three minutes later, and the match went to extra time.
Again, Jóhannsson wasted little time, scoring in the 91st minute. This time, there would be no comeback, as he sealed the win for AZ in the 105th minute before teammate Steven Berghuis capped it in the 119th.
The performance gives Jóhannsson nine goals in all competitions in 2013-14, his sixth since making his international debut with the U.S. on Aug. 14 at Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 0
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 1
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0