Sep 26, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
He just won’t stop scoring.
AZ Alkmaar and United States striker Aron Jóhannsson scored three more goals on Wednesday to sink Sparta Rotterdam, 4-1, in extra time in the KNVB Beker. The Icelandic-American scored five minutes into the Dutch Cup game, but Sparta equalized just three minutes later, and the match went to extra time.
Again, Jóhannsson wasted little time, scoring in the 91st minute. This time, there would be no comeback, as he sealed the win for AZ in the 105th minute before teammate Steven Berghuis capped it in the 119th.
The performance gives Jóhannsson nine goals in all competitions in 2013-14, his sixth since making his international debut with the U.S. on Aug. 14 at Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 4
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0