Sep 26, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
He just won’t stop scoring.
AZ Alkmaar and United States striker Aron Jóhannsson scored three more goals on Wednesday to sink Sparta Rotterdam, 4-1, in extra time in the KNVB Beker. The Icelandic-American scored five minutes into the Dutch Cup game, but Sparta equalized just three minutes later, and the match went to extra time.
Again, Jóhannsson wasted little time, scoring in the 91st minute. This time, there would be no comeback, as he sealed the win for AZ in the 105th minute before teammate Steven Berghuis capped it in the 119th.
The performance gives Jóhannsson nine goals in all competitions in 2013-14, his sixth since making his international debut with the U.S. on Aug. 14 at Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 6
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3