Sep 26, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
He just won’t stop scoring.
AZ Alkmaar and United States striker Aron Jóhannsson scored three more goals on Wednesday to sink Sparta Rotterdam, 4-1, in extra time in the KNVB Beker. The Icelandic-American scored five minutes into the Dutch Cup game, but Sparta equalized just three minutes later, and the match went to extra time.
Again, Jóhannsson wasted little time, scoring in the 91st minute. This time, there would be no comeback, as he sealed the win for AZ in the 105th minute before teammate Steven Berghuis capped it in the 119th.
The performance gives Jóhannsson nine goals in all competitions in 2013-14, his sixth since making his international debut with the U.S. on Aug. 14 at Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 0
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0
- Stoke 2-1 Swansea: Substitutes pick up three points for the Potters 0
- Liverpool must improve, and they know it, despite late win at QPR 3
- VIDEO: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Pair of own goals dooms QPR after insane final six minutes 1