Sep 26, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Following a positive test after Jamaica’s 2-0 loss in Honduras in a June 11 World Cup qualifier, FIFA suspended Reggae Boyz midfielder Jermaine Hue for nine months. The world governing body of soccer announced the suspension on Thursday, and it also suspended team doctor Carlton Fraser for four years.
Hue (pictured, behind) tested positive for dexamethasone, according to the FIFA release. Dexamethasone is on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s 2013 Prohibited List, and FIFA alleges that Dr. Fraser administered the drug to Hue.
As a result of the test, Hue is ineligible for all domestic, international, friendly and official matches until May 6, 2014, and Dr. Fraser is banned until Aug. 6, 2017.
On the same day, FIFA revoked its decision to suspend an unnamed Bulgarian international because of a lack of evidence after he tested positive for a banned substance following Bulgaria’s 2-1 win at Malta on Sept. 10.
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 2
- Swansea 1-1 Hull: Danny Graham breaks his long scoring drought for the visitors (video) 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014