Sep 27, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
Coming off the heels of their 4-1 drubbing at the hands of their hated blue rivals, David Moyes will be very happy to have his main goalscorer back.
Dutch striker Robin van Persie will return to action this weekend after a week on the sidelines with a thigh injury.
Without him, Manchester United scored two goals in two matches, also beating Liverpool 1-0 in the Capital One Cup midweek.
Against West Brom at Old Trafford this weekend, David Moyes confirmed that last year’s Golden Boot winner will take part, although his role has not yet been determined.
“Robin will be back involved somewhere,” said Moyes. “Whether we use him or whether we don’t, he has trained today and is back fit. We will see exactly where he is but he has trained.”
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 0
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 0
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 8
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 1
- Jurgen Klinsmann names 23-man roster for USMNT friendlies vs. Chile, Panama 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Ivory Coast, Cameroon in 1-1 draws as Group D up for grabs 0