Sep 27, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Coming off the heels of their 4-1 drubbing at the hands of their hated blue rivals, David Moyes will be very happy to have his main goalscorer back.
Dutch striker Robin van Persie will return to action this weekend after a week on the sidelines with a thigh injury.
Without him, Manchester United scored two goals in two matches, also beating Liverpool 1-0 in the Capital One Cup midweek.
Against West Brom at Old Trafford this weekend, David Moyes confirmed that last year’s Golden Boot winner will take part, although his role has not yet been determined.
“Robin will be back involved somewhere,” said Moyes. “Whether we use him or whether we don’t, he has trained today and is back fit. We will see exactly where he is but he has trained.”
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra – What should we expect from the Premier League’s promoted three? 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Liverpool 2
- VIDEO: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard dances around Barcelona to score magical goal 0
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 3
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 18