Sep 27, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Coming off the heels of their 4-1 drubbing at the hands of their hated blue rivals, David Moyes will be very happy to have his main goalscorer back.
Dutch striker Robin van Persie will return to action this weekend after a week on the sidelines with a thigh injury.
Without him, Manchester United scored two goals in two matches, also beating Liverpool 1-0 in the Capital One Cup midweek.
Against West Brom at Old Trafford this weekend, David Moyes confirmed that last year’s Golden Boot winner will take part, although his role has not yet been determined.
“Robin will be back involved somewhere,” said Moyes. “Whether we use him or whether we don’t, he has trained today and is back fit. We will see exactly where he is but he has trained.”
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0