Sep 27, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
Coming off the heels of their 4-1 drubbing at the hands of their hated blue rivals, David Moyes will be very happy to have his main goalscorer back.
Dutch striker Robin van Persie will return to action this weekend after a week on the sidelines with a thigh injury.
Without him, Manchester United scored two goals in two matches, also beating Liverpool 1-0 in the Capital One Cup midweek.
Against West Brom at Old Trafford this weekend, David Moyes confirmed that last year’s Golden Boot winner will take part, although his role has not yet been determined.
“Robin will be back involved somewhere,” said Moyes. “Whether we use him or whether we don’t, he has trained today and is back fit. We will see exactly where he is but he has trained.”
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester United vs. Hull City 0
- Sure there’s “interest throughout Europe”, but where is the best spot for Jozy Altidore? 1
- Pick just three?!? FIFPro World XI midfielder shortlist is Juve-heavy, really good 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0