Sep 28, 2013, 11:21 AM EST
A brilliant run down the right-hand side by Morgan Amalfitano, paired with a cool finish, stunned Manchester United down 1-0 at Old Trafford.
The French midfielder in the 54th minute broke with pace down the edge before slowly edging back inside, completely fooling Rio Ferdinand and leaving the English defender in his dust.
He finished calmly, deking De Gea and chipping over the goalkeeper heap lying on the ground.
Unfortunately for West Brom the lead was short-lived. Just three minutes later, a free kick from a tight angle came swinging in from Wayne Rooney.
A pair of Red Devils lurking in the box attempted to get a head on it and redirect it towards goal, but no touch was needed and it came all the way through into the far corner.
Robin van Persie has come on as a substitute directly after, replacing Javier Hernandez as United look for all three points now.
- UEFA Champions League Preview: Manchester United, Bayern Munich look to finish group stage on top 0
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 4
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014