Sep 28, 2013, 8:14 AM EDT
It only took 19 minutes for the deadlock to be broken in a fiery London Derby at White Hart Lane between Tottenham and Chelsea.
And it was the home side who took the lead. Don’t forget, you can watch the game live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Following a surging run from Christian Eriksen, a one-two between Roberto Soldado and Gylfi Sigurdsson saw the latter get a fortuitous bounce run his way, and the Icelandic international clipped the ball over Petr Cech to send Tottenham’s fans wild.
Spurs had looked the more composed of the two sides, as Chelsea’s long-ball approach didn’t pay any dividends early on.
And Sigurdsson’s third goal of the season has seen Spurs take a deserved early lead at the Lane.
- Southampton’s new Canadian Chairman chats growth in North America, NHL roots, Saints’ future 0
- American soccer mourns the death of former MLS player Shawn Kuykendall, 32 0
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 1
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 2
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- UEFA Investigate Bayern Munich's Kosovo Related Banner
- Arsenal's $64m Midfielder Strikes Out Again
- CR7 is a Superstar Both on and Off the Pitch
- Pareja Could Have Decision Looming at D-Mid
- Quakes Hit 94th Minute Goal to Tie Toluca in CONCACAF CL
- For the Red Bulls, Mistakes are Better Early Than Late
- If Man City Ever Stood a Chance, it’s Right Now
- Strootman Loss Detrimental to Roma
- Rooney Reveals Desire to Captain United and England
- Thistle Manager Sent Off While Playing For His Team's Under-20s