Sep 28, 2013, 8:14 AM EDT
It only took 19 minutes for the deadlock to be broken in a fiery London Derby at White Hart Lane between Tottenham and Chelsea.
And it was the home side who took the lead. Don’t forget, you can watch the game live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Following a surging run from Christian Eriksen, a one-two between Roberto Soldado and Gylfi Sigurdsson saw the latter get a fortuitous bounce run his way, and the Icelandic international clipped the ball over Petr Cech to send Tottenham’s fans wild.
Spurs had looked the more composed of the two sides, as Chelsea’s long-ball approach didn’t pay any dividends early on.
And Sigurdsson’s third goal of the season has seen Spurs take a deserved early lead at the Lane.
- Preview: Early cycle friendly shelves normal questions for U.S. national team’s return 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 6
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 1
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 14