Sep 28, 2013, 8:14 AM EDT
It only took 19 minutes for the deadlock to be broken in a fiery London Derby at White Hart Lane between Tottenham and Chelsea.
And it was the home side who took the lead. Don’t forget, you can watch the game live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Following a surging run from Christian Eriksen, a one-two between Roberto Soldado and Gylfi Sigurdsson saw the latter get a fortuitous bounce run his way, and the Icelandic international clipped the ball over Petr Cech to send Tottenham’s fans wild.
Spurs had looked the more composed of the two sides, as Chelsea’s long-ball approach didn’t pay any dividends early on.
And Sigurdsson’s third goal of the season has seen Spurs take a deserved early lead at the Lane.
- International Champions Cup: Schedule revealed as Chelsea, Manchester United take on MLS sides 1
- After Bournemouth all but seal Premier League place, here’s some other minnows to make the top-flight 0
- Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez calls Real Madrid “best team in the world” 1
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Liverpool 1
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0