Sep 28, 2013, 8:14 AM EDT
It only took 19 minutes for the deadlock to be broken in a fiery London Derby at White Hart Lane between Tottenham and Chelsea.
And it was the home side who took the lead. Don’t forget, you can watch the game live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Following a surging run from Christian Eriksen, a one-two between Roberto Soldado and Gylfi Sigurdsson saw the latter get a fortuitous bounce run his way, and the Icelandic international clipped the ball over Petr Cech to send Tottenham’s fans wild.
Spurs had looked the more composed of the two sides, as Chelsea’s long-ball approach didn’t pay any dividends early on.
And Sigurdsson’s third goal of the season has seen Spurs take a deserved early lead at the Lane.
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 4
- Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: Foxes complete comeback for the ages (video) 9
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0