Sep 28, 2013, 8:14 AM EDT
It only took 19 minutes for the deadlock to be broken in a fiery London Derby at White Hart Lane between Tottenham and Chelsea.
And it was the home side who took the lead. Don’t forget, you can watch the game live on NBCSN and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
Following a surging run from Christian Eriksen, a one-two between Roberto Soldado and Gylfi Sigurdsson saw the latter get a fortuitous bounce run his way, and the Icelandic international clipped the ball over Petr Cech to send Tottenham’s fans wild.
Spurs had looked the more composed of the two sides, as Chelsea’s long-ball approach didn’t pay any dividends early on.
And Sigurdsson’s third goal of the season has seen Spurs take a deserved early lead at the Lane.
- MUST SEE: Full highlights of Liverpool’s epic penalty shootout 1
- League Cup Roundup: Liverpool survive 15-round shootout, Arsenal out 2
- Manchester City’s Pellegrini won’t rule out Lampard loan extension 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 5
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 10
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0