Sep 28, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
Fresh off a hat trick on Wednesday for AZ Alkmaar in a KNVB Cup win, U.S. striker Aron Jóhannsson was at it again Saturday.
Watch below as the young man born in Alabama (and then raised in Iceland) nails a nice one in his team’s big Eredivisie win over league-leading PSV Eindhoven. His shrewd strike – awareness is the key here, as the young forward knows exactly how best to exploit the goalkeeper’s positioning –is the game-winner for his Dutch club.
Johannsson now has 10 goals in all competitions for AZ – and remember, it’s not even October just yet.
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 3
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 5
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 11
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 6
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 6
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 8