Sep 28, 2013, 7:05 AM EST
What a cracking game we have in store for you from White Hart Lane on Saturday morning, as London rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea (7:45am ET on NBCSN and watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra) clash in a key early season matchup.
Heading into the Capital clash, much of the talk has been about the strained relationship between the two head coaches, Jose Mourinho and Andre Villas-Boas. The latter worked under Mourinho at FC Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan, but revealed this week that the two are “not friends.” Which should add some extra spice to this occasion… as if the game need that.
The team news has arrived, with Villas-Boas naming an unchanged side from their league win over Cardiff last Sunday. As for Mourinho, he completely reshuffles his Chelsea side once again, as Fernando Torres and David Luiz come into the starting lineup after being left out of the first XI against Fulham last week.
Juan Mata is only on the bench, but that’s an improvement on last week.
You can watch the game live on NBCSN from 7:45am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 3
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 2
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 3
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- UK Twitter chat in 2013 dominated by soccer. Good thing or bad thing? 2
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 3
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (14)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint