Sep 28, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
Mike Magee’s goal was so important in so many ways late Saturday at Toyota Park. It was his 18th of the year, keeping his personal Golden Boot hopes alive. Magee remains one behind Montreal’s Marco Di Vaio, who also had a goal Saturday in Bridgeview.
His second goal of the night was also the potential game-winner, giving Chicago a 2-1 lead late. If it turns into three points, they will be three huge points as the Fire cling desperately to the final playoff spot.
So it’s a big of a shame that it came on a huge goalkeeping blunder. Montreal ‘keeper Troy Perkins dithered with the ball and then got stripped by Magee. Once the pair began jostling for possession while moving back toward Montreal’s goal, Perkins never had a chance.
Here is Magee’s goal – and Perkin’s big booboo.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3