Sep 28, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Mike Magee’s goal was so important in so many ways late Saturday at Toyota Park. It was his 18th of the year, keeping his personal Golden Boot hopes alive. Magee remains one behind Montreal’s Marco Di Vaio, who also had a goal Saturday in Bridgeview.
His second goal of the night was also the potential game-winner, giving Chicago a 2-1 lead late. If it turns into three points, they will be three huge points as the Fire cling desperately to the final playoff spot.
So it’s a big of a shame that it came on a huge goalkeeping blunder. Montreal ‘keeper Troy Perkins dithered with the ball and then got stripped by Magee. Once the pair began jostling for possession while moving back toward Montreal’s goal, Perkins never had a chance.
Here is Magee’s goal – and Perkin’s big booboo.
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 4
- Record summer: Breaking the transfer window down, by the numbers 0
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 2
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 5
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1