Sep 28, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Mike Magee’s goal was so important in so many ways late Saturday at Toyota Park. It was his 18th of the year, keeping his personal Golden Boot hopes alive. Magee remains one behind Montreal’s Marco Di Vaio, who also had a goal Saturday in Bridgeview.
His second goal of the night was also the potential game-winner, giving Chicago a 2-1 lead late. If it turns into three points, they will be three huge points as the Fire cling desperately to the final playoff spot.
So it’s a big of a shame that it came on a huge goalkeeping blunder. Montreal ‘keeper Troy Perkins dithered with the ball and then got stripped by Magee. Once the pair began jostling for possession while moving back toward Montreal’s goal, Perkins never had a chance.
Here is Magee’s goal – and Perkin’s big booboo.
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2
- Report: Robin van Persie agrees to personal terms with Fenerbahce 4
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 4