Sep 28, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Mike Magee’s goal was so important in so many ways late Saturday at Toyota Park. It was his 18th of the year, keeping his personal Golden Boot hopes alive. Magee remains one behind Montreal’s Marco Di Vaio, who also had a goal Saturday in Bridgeview.
His second goal of the night was also the potential game-winner, giving Chicago a 2-1 lead late. If it turns into three points, they will be three huge points as the Fire cling desperately to the final playoff spot.
So it’s a big of a shame that it came on a huge goalkeeping blunder. Montreal ‘keeper Troy Perkins dithered with the ball and then got stripped by Magee. Once the pair began jostling for possession while moving back toward Montreal’s goal, Perkins never had a chance.
Here is Magee’s goal – and Perkin’s big booboo.
- James Rodriguez to be unveiled by Real Madrid on Tuesday, join club for U.S. tour 1
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 7
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 0
- Qatar/Russia World Cup bidding investigation delayed until September 6
- Report: Bayern Munich confirms Julian Green on first team for US trip 10