Sep 29, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
Dominating possession and holding Stoke City to short spells of attack, it took over a half hour for the visitors to find their lead, but they did just that.
Jonny Howson fired Norwich ahead from a decent way out in the 34th minute, catching Asmir Begovic back on his heels.
The shot ducked down and clipped Begovic’s fingertips before making its way to the back of the net.
The possession numbers, which started heavily in Norwich’s favor, have crept back to level terms, but it still definitely has a feel of Norwich domination as they’ve been much more creative and precise with their time on the ball.
It will be interesting to see, if this scoreline holds, what changes Mark Hughes may make to not only gain a foothold in the midfield but make a presence up in the attack, as Kenwyne Jones has been invisible so far.
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 1
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 2
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0