Sep 29, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
Dominating possession and holding Stoke City to short spells of attack, it took over a half hour for the visitors to find their lead, but they did just that.
Jonny Howson fired Norwich ahead from a decent way out in the 34th minute, catching Asmir Begovic back on his heels.
The shot ducked down and clipped Begovic’s fingertips before making its way to the back of the net.
The possession numbers, which started heavily in Norwich’s favor, have crept back to level terms, but it still definitely has a feel of Norwich domination as they’ve been much more creative and precise with their time on the ball.
It will be interesting to see, if this scoreline holds, what changes Mark Hughes may make to not only gain a foothold in the midfield but make a presence up in the attack, as Kenwyne Jones has been invisible so far.
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 9
- GLORY IN PHOTOS: Our favorite shots from the USWNT’s winning evening in Vancouver 1
- CONCACAF lays out reform plan post-scandal: “People are right to be skeptical” 1
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 1
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 1
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 26