Sep 29, 2013, 9:11 AM EDT
Dominating possession and holding Stoke City to short spells of attack, it took over a half hour for the visitors to find their lead, but they did just that.
Jonny Howson fired Norwich ahead from a decent way out in the 34th minute, catching Asmir Begovic back on his heels.
The shot ducked down and clipped Begovic’s fingertips before making its way to the back of the net.
The possession numbers, which started heavily in Norwich’s favor, have crept back to level terms, but it still definitely has a feel of Norwich domination as they’ve been much more creative and precise with their time on the ball.
It will be interesting to see, if this scoreline holds, what changes Mark Hughes may make to not only gain a foothold in the midfield but make a presence up in the attack, as Kenwyne Jones has been invisible so far.
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 2
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 1
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0