Sep 29, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
It’s here. Not so sure you have all been waiting for it, but it’s here.
Luis Suarez has returned.
A mastermind on the pitch – but also a child at times – Liverpool will get Suarez back as they travel to Sunderland. This all despite Suarez’s public wishes to leave the club during the summer.
Brendan Rogers held firm, and here he is partnered alongside the red-hot Daniel Sturridge in a very attacking lineup.
Also for the visitors, Simon Mignolet will visit his old stomping grounds with his new club, having transferred to Liverpool from Sunderland this summer for $13.6 million
For Sunderland, creative midfielder Emmanuel Giaccherini will be slotted directly behind Jozy Altidore to try and provide the American some added support – something he’s been sorely lacking early this season.
It’s the task of Kevin Ball to guide Sunderland after the firing of Paolo Di Canio.
Sunderland – Westwood; Gardner, Colback, O’Shea, Cuellar; Larsson, Cattermole, Ki, Johnson, Giaccherini; Altidore.
Bench – Mannone, Wickham, Celustka, Ba, Ji, Roberge, Mavrias.
Liverpool – Mignolet; Toure, Sakho, Skrtel, Enrique; Henderson, Gerrard; Lucas, Moses; Suarez, Sturridge.
Bench – Jones, Agger, Aspas, Ilori, Sterling, Ibe, Wisdom
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1