Sep 29, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
It’s here. Not so sure you have all been waiting for it, but it’s here.
Luis Suarez has returned.
A mastermind on the pitch – but also a child at times – Liverpool will get Suarez back as they travel to Sunderland. This all despite Suarez’s public wishes to leave the club during the summer.
Brendan Rogers held firm, and here he is partnered alongside the red-hot Daniel Sturridge in a very attacking lineup.
Also for the visitors, Simon Mignolet will visit his old stomping grounds with his new club, having transferred to Liverpool from Sunderland this summer for $13.6 million
For Sunderland, creative midfielder Emmanuel Giaccherini will be slotted directly behind Jozy Altidore to try and provide the American some added support – something he’s been sorely lacking early this season.
It’s the task of Kevin Ball to guide Sunderland after the firing of Paolo Di Canio.
Sunderland – Westwood; Gardner, Colback, O’Shea, Cuellar; Larsson, Cattermole, Ki, Johnson, Giaccherini; Altidore.
Bench – Mannone, Wickham, Celustka, Ba, Ji, Roberge, Mavrias.
Liverpool – Mignolet; Toure, Sakho, Skrtel, Enrique; Henderson, Gerrard; Lucas, Moses; Suarez, Sturridge.
Bench – Jones, Agger, Aspas, Ilori, Sterling, Ibe, Wisdom
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1